• This is a meeting you do not want to miss! Test your genealogy knowledge and join in on the fun as we play a Genealogy Jeopardy game with our game show hostess Barb Winterfield!
• David Muraca, Director of Archaeology, will discuss the historical significance of Ferry Farm, the boyhood home of George Washington and how he spent his formative years and became an extraordinary man.
• Barb Winterfield will present, “Using Ancestry’s DNA results and tools to grow your family tree”. Though many Ancestry DNA matches cannot be traced to a particular family member, several can, and many others can be traced to a particular branch. Barb will show examples of how to use the tools provided by Ancestry, to help categorize, label, and locate where those DNA matches fit in the family. .This is a hybrid In-person/Zoom meeting. In person attendees will meet at the Yavapai Room at the Fountain Hills Community Center (across the street from the Post Office).
• Our own Katie Gertz will talk to us about "City Directories" and how we can use them in helping to track down our ancestors!
Active FHSA Members Only
You are invited to investigate our Website, and join our membership, after which an informative and interesting FHSA Newsletter will be yours each month. Sharing your genealogy discoveries with your fellow FHSA members, and enjoying their camaraderie and expertise may all contribute to pleasurable genealogy experiences and research. Receiving a reduced rate to our annual Seminar and access to all of the Chapter meetings will be another reward for you. Come and join us!.
The Family History Society of Arizona has seven Chapters throughout Maricopa County. Each Chapter meets monthly, with guest speakers and varying genealogy topics each month. Our members research their ancestors from within the United States of America and from foreign countries. On this page you may explore the Next Chapter Meetings for topics and/or speakers you require for meeting your genealogical needs. We issue an open invitation to guests and members, to attend any Chapter meetings they choose.
- August 2022 Issue of Newsletter
- President's Message - August 2022
Browse this site to learn more about us and opportunities we offer researchers of all ability levels. Check back often for new information and programs.
- Double Butte Cemetery - This is one of the oldest cemeteries in the Phoenix area. It is located in Tempe, AZ. An entire burial list as well as burials listed by section are available here.
- Surname Index - Anyone can list their surnames who has an email address.
- Arizona Queries - Where to look for your AZ ancestors
- See the Chapters list for topics, times and locations. Members and visitors are welcome to attend one or all seven.
- To read more about the History of FHSA see About Us
- Site Index Find what you need quickly!