• This is a hybrid in-person/Zoom meeting. Though Sue Clark will discuss "Ellis Island; The Immigrants' Experience" via Zoom we are also meeting at the Community Center, where Sue's presentation will be shown on the White Board, allowing those who are comfortable with meeting in person, to gather.
• Jody Crago from the Chandler Museum will talk about the "Japanese Internment: When Some Americans Looked Like the Enemy."
• Gay Baynes will present "Probe & Prove" .As family historians, we search for information that establishes identity, .relationship, an event, or a situation. We seek the highest standards of .proof. This presentation will review the Genealogical Proof Standard, share .a Process Map that provides guidance to analyzing evidence, and propose .a research plan template. We will consider a variety of sources, their .repositories, and genealogical methodology. Come and share the .experience of proving the father for four orphaned girls.
• Jean Wilcox Hibben will present: Beware of the Enchanted Forest: Perils & Pitfalls of On-line Trees."
• Sharon Keys and Judy Lohavanijaya will present " Westward Ho- The History of Land Expansion in the United States."
• Presentation from The Arizona Historical Museum Library, an underutilized resource.6:30 pm for announcements, sharing & discussions. 7:00 pm for classes and speakers. This is free! Invite your friends!
Active FHSA Members Only
You are invited to investigate our Website, and join our membership, after which an informative and interesting FHSA Newsletter will be yours each month. Sharing your genealogy discoveries with your fellow FHSA members, and enjoying their camaraderie and expertise may all contribute to pleasurable genealogy experiences and research. Receiving a reduced rate to our annual Seminar and access to all of the Chapter meetings will be another reward for you. Come and join us!.
The Family History Society of Arizona has seven Chapters throughout Maricopa County. Each Chapter meets monthly, with guest speakers and varying genealogy topics each month. Our members research their ancestors from within the United States of America and from foreign countries. On this page you may explore the Next Chapter Meetings for topics and/or speakers you require for meeting your genealogical needs. We issue an open invitation to guests and members, to attend any Chapter meetings they choose.
- November 2021 Issue of Newsletter
- President's Message - October 2021
Browse this site to learn more about us and opportunities we offer researchers of all ability levels. Check back often for new information and programs.
- Double Butte Cemetery - This is one of the oldest cemeteries in the Phoenix area. It is located in Tempe, AZ. An entire burial list as well as burials listed by section are available here.
- Surname Index - Anyone can list their surnames who has an email address.
- Arizona Queries - Where to look for your AZ ancestors
- See the Chapters list for topics, times and locations. Members and visitors are welcome to attend one or all seven.
- To read more about the History of FHSA see About Us
- Site Index Find what you need quickly!